Motivations Ministries


Oh, Lord, to hear your voice and know what You would have me do.













Saturday, October 9, 2010

Meeting someone for the first time


Meeting someone for the first time is like going on a treasure hunt.  What wonderful worlds we can find in others!

Whether we're shy or of a more bolder flavor, there's something intimidating about meeting someone for the first time.  So why don't we start looking at it from a different perspective?
~ As WINning women, we work with the same group, we volunteer at our children's school, we sing in the church choir, we invite neighbors over for coffee (please adjust your personal list accordingly).  We become familiar with those are around us, but what about those unfamiliar folks who show up?  To be honest, sometimes I'm just too lazy to put my best foot forward and I have a list of legitimate reasons to make myself unavailable.  Then I remember the treasure hunt factor--that's when I find enjoyment from that new face.  As I ask questions, I find hidden treasures.  As I answer their questions, I'm hoping they come across something that will encourage them.  Keep the treasure hunt factor in mind as the upcoming holiday season approaches.  Who knows, that person might become a special friend for this particular season of your life.

I have not stopped giving thanks to God for you.  I always remember you in my prayers.  Ephesians 1:16  NCV
And don't forget those other dear friends in your life...they are the hidden treasures in our journey here on earth.
Oceans of blessings to all you WINning women out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment