Motivations Ministries


Oh, Lord, to hear your voice and know what You would have me do.













Saturday, October 16, 2010

Fishing Poles and Nascar


If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles

Fishing isn't my thing, but I sure love to sit by the lake and watch those fish jumping in the water.   What I'm trying to say, dear WINning women all over the nation: there are some things in our lives that just aren't worth fretting over.  Some things cannot be changed, no matter how hard we try.  We can only do so much in our natural strength, then we have to remind ourselves that there is Someone who is watching over us that cares about every little thing that happens to us.  Some of you are saying, but I'm not that important, or I'm still waiting!  Well, don't give up.  Your answer is just around that corner; your help is on the way.  I have a few challenges in my own life that I'm waiting to hear about, but in the meantime, guess what?  No, I'm not going fishing!  My man was awarded two tickets to the Nascar races, so we're heading out for a day of Nascar fun.  
~ Whatever you're going through--financial setbacks, work issues, health problems--God hasn't forgotten.  He cares.  How do I know?  First, His word tells me, and second, He has never failed me yet, and I'm almost a senior citizen!  
Is not life more important than food and clothes?  Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap..., and yet your heavenly father feeds them.  Are you not much more valuable than they?  Matthew 5:25-26  NIV
So in the busy-ness of your schedule--family, work, you name it--take time to recall the times in your past when things didn't look so good, and who showed up?  Yep, your Heavenly Father!
~ I must go now...Nascar is calling!  Have a WINning week!  

No comments:

Post a Comment