Motivations Ministries


Oh, Lord, to hear your voice and know what You would have me do.













Friday, October 1, 2010

Have a Simply WINning Autumn--Life is NOT an Emergency

Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about?  It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world.


                                               (small pumpkin made by son, Shawn, in 1977)
~ Happy First Day of October!  Here in the south it's a great day to be alive.  Autumn is in the air, and who wants to be indoors unless they have to?  There were times in years past when I worked in buildings with no windows, so I would hang a calendar of the great outdoors next to my typewriter (or computer) to admire.  There is something freeing about basking in God's creation, if only for a moment.
~ How has your week been?  I have had my share of challenges (I write about a few of them in my personal blog: sharonleaf.blogspot.com), but I remind myself that life is too short to focus on the silly things.  Instead, I'd rather focus on the simple things...a friend's unexpected phone call, my dog's innocent face after she's been rolling outside in geese poop...you know, simple stuff.
~ I've spent a lot of time this week on my iMac researching publishers and agents...where do I send my novel?  Prayer, research, and simplicity.  I choose to enjoy this journey, with all its ups and downs.  I hope you will make this choice for your coming week too.  As women, we don't have too many 'down days' to do nothing, so when they come, make the most of them.  If they are far and in between, take a few moments out of each day to unwind--read a favorite book or magazine, watch a light TV program, meditate on a few passages from your Bible, hug your children, and love on your man.  Simple.  Simplicity.  It's free.  Remember, life is not an emergency!
Oceans of blessings to all you WINning women!
God is wise in heart and mighty in strength...He does great things past finding out, yes, wonders without number.   Job 9:4, 10   NKJV  

2 comments:

  1. "Life is not an emergency"
    -love it!
    So often driven into a state
    of urgency.
    You're right....simple is sweeter
    and more gracious.
    Taking a few simple deep breaths
    and moving on with a smile....
    Thanks, Sharron:)
    -Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to practice this yesterday--I felt overwhelmed at the projects on my to-do list. But I practiced my deep-breathing, asked God for His wisdom, and voila! Victory!

    ReplyDelete