Motivations Ministries


Oh, Lord, to hear your voice and know what You would have me do.













Saturday, October 23, 2010

Enjoy OR Reorganize

My 86-year-old friend Mary. We ran a half-marathon together; she still hikes every day.  A true inspiration.

He who does not get fun and enjoyment out of everyday needs to reorganize his life.
~ We all have our favorite things to do, but sometimes hectic schedules do not allow us to engage in them.  So what to do?  Years ago I went to Aunt Eunice for my answer.
~ "Darlin', you're only as busy as you allow yourself to be," she said.  I answered, "That sounds like something Oprah would say."  Auntie smiled.  "Oops, guess I'm caught.  Watching Oprah happens to be one of the things I enjoy, besides canning tomatoes and milkin' the cows."
~ Now that I'm on the eve of becoming a senior, I've sorted out my life enough to enjoy my time without feeling selfish.  It's easier now, but what about all of you younger WINners who have careers, have children to raise--which includes soccer, ballet, volunteering at school.  I remember those days well.  I cherish the memories, sometimes wishing I could turn back the hands of time--then I come to my senses.  I'm in one of the best seasons of my life, for many reasons.
~  When we learn to savor each season, we'll truly enjoy our life.  So, your life is hectic?  Then it's up to you to find time to enjoy doing something for you. When I was raising my kids, I spent my special time running a few miles a day--or night, depending on my schedule.  I lost weight, felt more energetic, and slept better.  Eventually, I was inspired to run a half-marathon and write a book about the benefits of running our physical and spiritual race ("Lady on the Run", to be published next year).
~ If you can't run, then walk--just keep that body moving.  You'll be glad you did as you walk into your senior years.  Whether you are walking or running, remember:
The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord, and he delights in His way.   Psalm 37:23 NKJV
Have a WINning week, and may oceans of blessings come your way
Aunti Eunice said there'd be days like this

No comments:

Post a Comment