Motivations Ministries


Oh, Lord, to hear your voice and know what You would have me do.













Saturday, September 11, 2010

Let us never forget...9/11


~ Nine years ago.  I was living in Huntington Beach, so it was a little after seven a.m. when I turned on the TV before heading for the kitchen for my first cup of coffee.  The phone rang; it was my daughter asking, "Do you have the TV on? Something terrible is happening."  That was an understatement.  I stood in the middle of the living room, stunned, wondering what in the world was happening.  And it only got worse.  Unbelievable.  Later that morning when I went outside to get some fresh air, I looked upward...there were no airplanes to be found.  The silence was eerie.  I was so grateful that Rob's company told their employees to go home.  We embraced a little tighter that day.
~ I don't have to describe anything more to you.  As you read this, you are probably being taken back to where you were when you heard the news of the terrorist attack on our country.  It changed history forever.  We were never the same again.
~  As we reflect on this day, may we thank God for the freedom we still have.  Let us continue to pray for the safety of our country.  Pray for the families that lost loved ones on 9/11.  Pray for our President.  Pray for our country's future.  Rob has lived in Israel, and we lived in Sweden and have traveled the world.  There is no place like America, and I am thankful to live here.
~ God bless America, land that I love.
Stand beside her, and guide her, in the night with the light from above.
From the mountains, to the prairies, to the ocean white with foam....
God bless America, my home sweet home....
God bless America, my home sweet home.

Oceans of blessings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment