Motivations Ministries


Oh, Lord, to hear your voice and know what You would have me do.













Sunday, September 5, 2010

Hurricane Earl brings back memories of Hurricane Hector

MS Restoration at Ballard Bridge, Seattle, WA

Remember, no matter where you go, there you are.

~ As the eastern seaboard prepared for the onslaught of Hurricane Earl, memories of Hurricane Hector while on board the MS Restoration off the coast of Central America came roaring back.   The year was 1994.  After four days of gliding over the peaceful Pacific, the World War II ship met up with Hector.  Not knowing whether Hector was going to rage full speed towards us, or calm down a bit and change course, was a fearful time for the crew; most of us became ill--I won't go into detail--just think the color green in various shades.
~ There I was, in the middle of the raging sea, lying in my bunk with my life jacket wrapped around me, wondering if my life was about to commence into the dark abyss of the ocean.  The unknown is the hardest part of any circumstance we face.  That is where we have a choice.  Faith, or fear.  Fear hits, then we have the choice to fight it, or give in to it.  In order to overcome, this is when our faith must kick in.  Choices.  Our lives are full of them.  I struggled for awhile--longer than I'd like to admit--and then I quoted Hebrews 11:1:
Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
~ I prayed, "Lord, I'm hoping for clear skies, smooth sailing, and a long life!"  The next morning God answered my prayer, as Hector turned into a tropical storm and turned the other way.
~ I'm here to testify that faith works much better than fear! God's word says, 
I am with you and will watch over you wherever you go...I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you.  Genesis 28:15  NIV

~ It looks like God's not done with me yet!  And for that, I am extremely thankful.
Have another WINning week!
Oceans of blessings!
    

No comments:

Post a Comment