Motivations Ministries


Oh, Lord, to hear your voice and know what You would have me do.













Saturday, September 18, 2010

The Simple Joys of Life


Joys come from simple and natural things; mists over meadows, sunlight on leaves, the path of the moon over water...finding a misplaced curtain rod!!

It's been a long times since I've had a senior moment.  I say this proudly.  But it all came tumbling down two days ago all because I decided to hang a simple, sheer curtain in my master bathroom.  Easy enough.  Go to Target, purchase curtain and rod.  Go home, hang curtain.  Selah.
~ While the lovely white curtain bounced around in the dryer (an easy way to dissolve wrinkles), I measured the rod to the window over my jacuzzi tub, adjusted with screwdriver, placed rod down, and happily went to retrieve my fluffy curtain.  My iPhone rang; it was my daughter, Jacquie, so of course I picked up.  After our conversation, I went back to my hanging project.  No curtain rod.  Now, where did I leave it? I asked myself.  I don't remember, so backtrack, like you always do, I answered.
~ Twenty minutes...laughed at the thought of not remembering where I placed the long, white object...thirty minutes...trying to find a chuckle...forty-five....a little panicked after looking everywhere (under bed, in the kitchen cupboards, in the OVEN...fifty minutes...MELTDOWN!!  Have you ever had a meltdown?  Oh, yes, that's right...I'm talking to a blog full of real, honest-to-goodness women.  So you know how I felt, right?  Usually when I ask the Holy Spirit to remind me where I put something, I find it.  This time?  Silence.
~  Two days later, even with the assistance of my husband, McGyver Rob, still no curtain rod!  I honestly believe that my playful angel hid it from me, as a joke.  He knows I'm going to get a real big laugh out of this when I finally do find the curtain rod.  But until then, I'm heading off to Target to purchase another one.  When I do find the rod--and I WILL find it!!--I'll take it back for a refund.
~  I tell this story on myself because it's usually the moments when we think we have it all together, when out of nowhere--shazam!-- an incident arises to blow that all to shreds.  Whether serious, or a little silly, like my missing curtain rod, it makes us realize how vulnerable we are to our surroundings, our emotions, our life.  I've spent way too much time and emotions looking for that $7.00 rod. When I have these moments, I have to stop and put the whole issue into perspective.  Lost rod?  No big deal.  Lost loved one?  Big deal.  Lost job?  Lost friend?  Lost shoe?  Some things can be replaced.  Other things cannot.
Come to Me, all of you who are tired and have heavy loads, and I will give you rest.  Matthew 11:28 NIV
Have a cozy WINning 'first day of fall' week!
Oceans of blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment