Motivations Ministries


Oh, Lord, to hear your voice and know what You would have me do.













Saturday, August 28, 2010

Life. Technology. Adventure.


Think of whatever you are doing as an adventure and watch your life change for the better.
The Lord your God will bless you in all your produce and in all the work of your hands, so that you will be altogether joyful.  Deuteronomy 16:15  NASB
~ So I ask all of you WINners, do you appreciate the world of technology? After all, it is supposed to be the answer to all of our problems, right?  But lately, I admit that I've been feeling like I live in an Apple orchard, and I'll tell you why.
~ Last week my laptop was about to go kaputz, so Rob bought me a beautiful iMac, complete with all the free classes I could ever need.  Before that, I was given his iPhone 3G that I inherited when he bought the new G4.  Then there's the Apple-Air that conveniently goes from room to room...and of course, the handy iPad that travels from car-to-car.   
~ Since we live in a computer-friendly world, I greet every piece of technology that Rob brings through our door with a smile, and I grin when I gaze upon this new majestic iMac that is sitting before me.  Long gone are the days I lock myself in my office to write (I only sit at my desk to take care of boring business). My new iMac is sitting on the breakfast table where I write overlooking the pond, the geese, the birds, and the pine trees.  This technique must have worked because I am now finished with the work of my hands...the final draft of Lady and the Sea, my novel-in-progress for the past um-teen years.  Of course, I could not have done it without the guidance of the Holy Spirit.
~ With everything that these wonderful inventions bring to my life, do you know what I love best about them? I rarely talk on my iPhone for more than ten minutes a day BUT I can take pictures & videos everywhere I go and then I can post them immediately to my Facebook OR send them via email to my family & friends!  I can check my e-mails & Facebook wherever I am--dentist office, market, but never while driving--my car is a no-phone-zone...is yours??  So now I'm wondering, has my Apple orchard become my Toyful Technology orchard?
~ What I'm saying is, when all is said and done, besides assisting me with my writing--for that I am eternally grateful--I love that my Apple orchard connects me with the people I love. *smile*
Oh, gotta go now...I need to take a picture of my new iMac to post--somewhere!
Enjoy your last days of summer, and enjoy your technology!
(picture of me at my brother's casa in Zion, Utah 2010)

No comments:

Post a Comment