Motivations Ministries


Oh, Lord, to hear your voice and know what You would have me do.













Sunday, December 5, 2010

Tis the Season

Christmas at South Park Mall, Charlotte, NC

Thanksgiving is over, and now the holiday rush is on.  After returning from my Thanksgiving holiday in California, I'm happy to be back home in the Carolinas, decking my halls with boughs of holly.  Ho!  Ho!  Ho!  Now I must make a Christmas list, start my shopping, wrap gifts, mail gifts, and write Christmas cards.  Sound familiar?

I haven't worked much this year in the book store and I admit that its been a nice break to be home, giving me the chance to finish my book.  But I think of all you working women out there who put in long hours, THEN have to fit in all the Christmas festivities.  My thoughts and prayers are with you.

I don't know about you, but sometimes I long for Christmases past, when life was simple.  However, we can't turn back the hands of time; we must move forward and make our own Christmas memories. Perhaps we can be the ones who begin to make Christmas a bit more simpler.   Why can't we be the trail-blazer in  our family?  Someone will thank us down the road I'm sure.

Well, I'm off to my husband's Christmas party.  It's going to be in the 20's tonight--brrrr.  I'm thinking that I'd rather stay home by the fire with a cup of hot chocolate.  But once I arrive and see familiar faces, and eat delicious food, as always, I'll be glad I went.

Oceans of Christmas blessings to all you WINners!

2 comments:

  1. Ho ho ho to you, friend!
    Yes, blazing that trail toward simplicity.
    But I SO love the lights and food and
    even the gifting. When you love it all,
    and it feeds your creative juices,
    it's hard to know where to draw the line.
    Maybe to slowly stroll instead of dashing
    through the snow......
    Yes, that's it.
    I'll just stroll.
    Right alongside Bryan with his walker.
    Then I won't miss a thing:)
    Love you and your posts,
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm strolling too, as I love it all! Take it easy with Bryan, and enjoy the stroll.

    ReplyDelete