Motivations Ministries


Oh, Lord, to hear your voice and know what You would have me do.













Saturday, July 24, 2010

Meeting People Halfway

As you continue on your summer's journey, I hope your taking time to smell the roses, or any other flower that grows around your feet.  One of my friends just returned from a family reunion in Oregon, and two other friends from family reunions at the beach.  Oh, glorious summer that brings family and friends together.  Our skin touched by the sun reflects the inner radiance that comes from spending time with loved ones.  By the way, did you take time to give an extra hug to your Mother who is always complaining about you never calling her enough?  Did you help your whiny sister clean up the kitchen after dinner?  Did you tell your frumpy-looking cousin you liked her new blouse? If not...oh well...you can do it next time. Listen:
It's the little things we do and say that mean so much as we go our way.  A kindly deed can lift a load from weary shoulders on the road.
It's easy to help and compliment those who are of kindred spirits to us, but how about those who cross our paths that rub us the wrong way?  I know, it's too hot to think along these stuffy lines.  But when was the last time you were in need of a helping hand? A kind word?  As the saying goes, what goes around comes around...I mean, you will reap what you sow.  Why is it the day my hair looks its worst--usually the day before I'm scheduled for my hair appointment--that someone standing behind me in the grocery line will say, "Oh, darlin', I just love your hair-do!"  I want to turn around and say, "That's a lie!" but I don't, because the truth is, I really needed to hear those kind words.
So no matter where your summer days take you, be brave and give a little of yourself.  That's really how we show God's love to those around us.  He's eagerly waiting to compliment someone through you!
Be joyful.  Grow to maturity.  Encourage each other.  Live in harmony and peace.  Then the God of love and peace will be with you.  2 Corinthians 13:11  NLT
Continue to have a Wet, Wild, and WINing summer!
Oceans of blessings, Sharron

No comments:

Post a Comment