Motivations Ministries


Oh, Lord, to hear your voice and know what You would have me do.













Friday, December 31, 2010

Farewell 2010, Welcome 2011!

Sunny days in Huntington Beach, CA 2010
God give me joy in the tasks that press, in the memories that burn and bless;
In the thought that life has love to spend, in the faith that God's at journey's end.


It's hard to believe that I have been writing the WIN blog for a year.  As we come to the end of this year, our thoughts seem to drag us--oops--take us back to the good, the bad, and the beautiful of 2010.  We've all had some good days--it snowed on Christmas Day!--and some bad (my Dad's health, my friend's fight against cancer), but to live is surely a beautiful gift from above.

Make an effort to enjoy your family and friends, and especially your time with the Lord.  He looks forward to listening to your ideas, your dreams, and your problems.  He has solutions to your challenges, and He might even plop a dream into your lap that you have forgotten about, or just lost hope in.  

A side note: I encourage you to begin the new year with Jane Boston's study book, The Longer You Wait, the Bigger the Miracle.  The weekly study for her book is at the beginning of this blog--just scroll down to find the 13-week study.

My word for 2011 is AMAZing.  I pray that all you WINners will have an AMAZing year!

Oceans of blessings, and I'll see you on the radio!**

Work hard and serve the Lord enthusiastically.
Rejoice in our confident hope.
Be patient in trouble, and keep praying...always be eager to practice hospitality.  Romans 12:11-13 NLT


**I'm a host of blog talk radio "Gate Beautiful" where I interview Christian writers and authors. 

No comments:

Post a Comment