Motivations Ministries


Oh, Lord, to hear your voice and know what You would have me do.













Saturday, July 10, 2010

Summer Travels

Tybee Island, GA, October 2009
Our days are identical suitcases--all the same size--but some people can pack more into them than others.
My husband has taught me to travel light. "If you can't carry it yourself, then don't bring it" is his motto. Can you believe we spent 9 days in Belize with one carry-on each?  Of course I had my big travel purse, and he had his backpack. Rob even brought back a large conch shell in his carry-on.
Where is your summer taking you?  Rob and I took a quick 2-day road trip to the port of Georgetown, SC this week to see our friends from the ship Restoration ('94-95), Captain Stan and his daughter Julie (deck crew).  They are now dedicating their time working on the mercy ship Integrity (where we slept in bunk beds).  Since Haiti's earthquake, the Integrity has been transporting housing and other supplies to the island.  The ship's volunteers work from morning 'til night, and they're still smiling at the end of the day. I'm inspired by their dedication. I still have much to learn in this area.
Teach us to number our days aright, that we may gain a heart of wisdom.  Psalm 90:12 NIV  
~ My 14 months at sea on the MS Restoration taught me more than any other time in my life.  I guess it was a matter of survival that I had to practice more patience towards my family-at-sea, to seek God when my passage into my menopausal lifestyle began in Sweden, and a heart attack came upon me in Greece--I thought it was something I ate. And then there was my fear of water.  Get the picture? But as I asked God for wisdom,  He was always faithful to respond.  I didn't realize how religious and legalistic I had become until I was stuck on a ship in the middle of the Atlantic with nowhere to escape!  God did a number on me regarding some heart issues, and I am so glad for it.
~  Are you asking for God's wisdom in your life this summer? Don't worry, He won't put you in the middle of an ocean to teach you His ways.  You can learn right here on shore.  And remember to travel light, and I'm not talking luggage.  Leave your cares behindTrash the guiltBury the heaviness.  Now, pick up your suitcase, and go!  Happy trails to all you WINners, until we meet again.
Here's a picture of the large shell Rob brought back from Belize..isn't it huge???

Oceans of blessings, Sharron 

No comments:

Post a Comment