Motivations Ministries


Oh, Lord, to hear your voice and know what You would have me do.













Saturday, April 10, 2010

Week Four ~ Bible Study Blog

Week Four
Last week's WHO factor helped me in making several decisions. One, I've been invited to be part of a 12-week study of the book, The Artist's Way.  I need the fellowship.  I love the book.  However, am I able to add another item to my already busy schedule when I'm trying to focus on finishing my book? Perhaps, but I didin't jump on it. I went to the first meeting, and I'm setting into motion: W--wait; H--hear; O--obey.  That sure takes the stress off of an immediate decision, doesn't it? Have you used the WHO factor yet?  Try it--you'll like it! ~ Now lets get started with Week Four.
II. Preparing Ourselves to Serve ~ Christ's Perfect Love
We have the ability to commune with God.  He desires fellowship with us far more than we could ever desire.  It remains a mystery to me how we can bring such joy and satisfaction to the Lord who has all of the heavens to enjoy.  We are created in God's image and likeness, so we have the unique ability to recognize our Father's voice, with the capacity for intelligent and satisfying communion with Him.  The Lord desires to bring us into an experience of communion with Him so that we might become one with Him in the ongoing purpose of mankind.
Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain; that whatsoever ye shall ask the Father, in my name, He may give it to you.  John 15:16
     If Jesus understood joyful surrender, then so can we.  He lived to do exactly what His Father asked of Him.  This is what God desires of us.  The goal of the Christian life is not only to live well and prosper; it is to live a surrendered life to Christ.  As we surrender, He will fill us with His peace and show us the destiny to which we have been called.  The joy of a surrendered life is knowing that God always has a tremendous return in mind.
     The Lord desires our attention ~  He is amazingly resilient to let us come back to Him time and time again.  God is so absolute in His goodness, so full of His love, that He can expose Himself to the agony of rejected love without bitterness or change.
     God's love for us is Intimate ~ He knows our thoughts, the number of hairs on our head, the talents that we ourselves may not even know that we have.  He is a God of such great love that we cannot even imagine how close He will let us come to Him.  As we learn to love obedience, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit can work hand in hand to supply all of our earthly needs.
     Love Conquers All ~ The Bible has much to say about love.  Love is patient, love is kind.  We are called to mirror His love. 
 ...so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith.  And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ.  Epesians 3:17-18
     God calls us into a relationship with Him ~ We determine how deep we will allow Him in.  Where are we in our faith in Him for handling our life tasks?  Below is listed three levels to help access our relationship for dependence on Him.

Accepting Child ~ We rest in Him, feel peaceful, respond to Him, and avoid doing wrong, so we can stay in a place of comfort.
Searching Youth ~ We talk to Him and expect Him to answer.  Obedience feels good, even when challenged.
Seasoned Warrior ~ We wake each day wanting to know how He will use us.  We have relinquished control of the tasks, and strive for self-control of our emotions (peace), our body (respect), and our thoughts (proper).


     We learn to wait ~ Our hearts must be prepared for Him before we are ready to serve.  This is vital to obtaining the bigger assignments, and essential in understanding the Holy Spirit in us.  When Rob and I were on the train through Siberia, I was content to go with the team to the elderly homes, the orphanages, and street witness in the cities.  Then one day the leader came to me and said, "I want you to be the team leader now." My heart skipped several beats, and wondered if I was ready to meet the challenge.
     Then I remembered, God is not looking for perfection; He is looking for an obedient heart that serves Him cheerfully and comes to Him as both a child and a seasoned warrior.  I was a great team leader.  Why?  Because I did what I do best: I showed the Russian people God's love through my hugs, my smiles, my encouraging words.  And when they asked me why I was so happy--through my interpreter, of course--I shared the gospel of Jesus Christ.  How could they resist?
     So as WINners, let's rest in the Lord, then go out this week as seasoned warriors, ready to meet the challenges of each day.

   

1 comment: